PLOW Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Naive plea for support.

2 posters

Go down

A Naive plea for support. Empty A Naive plea for support.

Post by ADx Garage Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:33 am

Hello

If you arent aware, my name Is Adrian, and I'm currently part of the Gulf Austins Motorsport team that take part in the TORA based International Sports Car Championship.

As it stands, our team leader Dan2605 has decided to stand down, leaving me (ADx Garage) and Johnnyboy3600 to co-operate being "in charge" of the team. This has had major effects on our morale, and more importantly our attempts on the next up coming rounds of the ISCC series, namely the Mugello round which is due to take place THIS weekend (24th of April).

Neither of us are capable of tuning expertise, and I thought it would be a good idea (from what I know) that you would be the best people to come to for setups.

We are running the 2009 Aston Martin Lola in TORA's LMP1 class, and would like help with tuning the cars for Mugello, and possibly the rest of the season, I have been able to aquire several setups for some of the races, but not all of them. There is also a slot available if any of you want to "tryout" for our team.

If I'm posting this in the wrong place I do apologise. If you are unable or unwilling to help, Is there any suggestions as to where else I could go for help?

Thanks for reading (hopefully without laughing as to what a naive imbicile I'm being).
Adrian Rees
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

A Naive plea for support. Empty Re: A Naive plea for support.

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 pm

sorry about taking so long to respond, the alerts had somehow reset them selves.

If you still need help, please message me on xblive and we'll help where we can, you may have to carry a PLOW logo but most guys wear them with pride.

We can also supply you with a paint that'l scare the pants off anyone in front of you, this help alot when racing you'd be surprised.

Get in touch if you need me
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Fri May 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for replying, eventually Razz.

Bear in mind we are slightly disorganised at the moment, in thinking that I was getting no reply I ended up getting a possible other link-up with another TORA member, nothing has been proposed yet, I would have been kicking myself if we decide to go another way before you were aware, we may be able to offer you a seat too, but I need to discuss this with Johnnyboy, because I do not want to make any decision without him being aware of it.
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri May 06, 2011 3:03 pm

No problem, be warned, PLOW is hated by DAN2605 as his driving has been questionable on numerous occasions towards a few of our members which was then further irritated by TORA picking up on his behaviour and punishing him accordingly. This did not go down well with dan.

But, we do take pride in being clean drivers and race fairly, this is one of our strongest motto's and is punishable by expullsion if a member is discovered being 'unfair' or 'dirty'.

Just give us an xblive message if you need the help, it'l prob be for free, we get bored you know Very Happy
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Fri May 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Seems like this plea for support wasn't so naive after all Very Happy.
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 am

It Appears that I cannot add you to my xbox live list because your list is full...
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 am

is your gtag ADx Garage? if so i'l delete someone, sorry bout that but i keep it full so's idiots in lobbies cant keep bothering me for tunes and money!!! : )
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 am

Yes, ADx Garage is my gamertag Smile
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue May 10, 2011 3:45 am

will send F/R
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Tue May 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Sorry about earlier.

It didnt want me to enter a public race somehow.
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 am

How did you get on in the race? did the tune help?
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 am

There were 6 LMP1s at Catalunya, Me and John were 5th and 6th, 2 laps down. Was doing my best to get the lines right, and doing the best I could, I'm still averaging 1.30s, the front runners were running 1.27s and they were also BHP restricted.

John was fine with the setups, he did say he tweaked it a small amount, but has also decided to run without stability control.

I would have been much worse without a setup, but the positive was that we were 3 seconds per lap slower rather than 4 seconds,

We may have to switch to a better car, some of the TORA people are agreeing with my Idea of running with the Highcroft/De Ferran 2009 Acura, there are 3 still available.
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 am

May I suggest a GT2 car, the problem with the faster group cars are the margin for mistakes is very small, as you go down the ranks it does'nt neccesarily get easier but a recovery from a mistake happens faster as the mistake is quicker in recovery on a lap time, this is why all of the leaderboards are very close together in the lower classes, some would say it takes more skill as the competition is greater.

This said, considering your driving style and ability I would recommend a GT2 car, something like the viper or the ford GT, they will be fast enough for fun and will keep you up with the lead group, particularly if it has a PLOW tune.

Please dont take this negatively, we always want the people under our wing to become better and win a few races, more importantly if a car is predictable you can push it harder whilst still being in control meaning close racing without slamming each other off, this to me is the best kind of racing, even if you come last.

Let me know if this is your way forward.
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Thu May 19, 2011 3:46 pm

It Appears that we cannot change cars during a term, currently we're running in the european rounds of the ISCC, which include the next round at the Extreme Layout of the Camino fictional course and the Le Mans 2.4

We're stuck with the Lola Aston.
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sun May 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Well, lets set that car up for lots of easy handling and gun it all the way round, camino takes the most amount of practice to get right, things like taking a different line on the apex, ie, hit the kerb after the apex not on it as the road drops away slightly after the corner and the steering goes light.

You n johny boy need to get your heads down n practice hard.

The best thing about these kind of competitions is it always improves your driving skill.

*Note* Always ask for our help when thinking about a championship, not after you've signed up, makes it alot easier for us to turn you into winners, anyone who can drive well will tell you ' the championship is easily lost by picking the wrong car '.
Many many people forza and real life have made this very mistake. (hint, Plato you plonker : ))
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:25 pm

I regret to inform you that I have not practiced whatsoever for the up coming Camino Extreme round of the ISCC, I'm deciding not to enter, but it doesnt mean im pulling out of the championship.
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:26 am

Oh dear, if you are not serious about winning the championship may I suggest picking another formula.
Q: which is you favourite Class to run in on Forza?

Find a Tora championship that runs near this formula and run with that, it makes competing much easier and makes for a better race= more fun= more likely to finish a championship and win it.

Nothing beats that feeling mate : b)
PLOW tubbi
Beginner Licence
Beginner Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:24 pm

I wasnt serious about winning championships, I'm more concerned about being closer to the front, but I know that Im not (/cannot really) making(/make) the effort.

Dan is coming back for the 2.4 of Le Mans next month :-S, this makes things both easier and complicated at the same time.
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by ADx Garage Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Have taken up the 3rd seat at Shane "Culchi"s Acura team for the American leg of the ISCC, would like to thank you for your help during the European races, If I ever feel like taking part in anything by myself on Forza 3, or indeed if your going to take part in Forza 4, I know who to talk to for help.

Thanks once again.
Ade
AMR Garage (was ADx Garage)
ADx Garage
ADx Garage
Novice Licence
Novice Licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum